Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rainbow Churn Dash Quilt

Two quilts finished within one week!  This quilt top was one of a handful that built up as I was procrastinating the purchase of my new sewing machine.  (It was scary to bite the bullet, but I'm loving my Juki!)

I decided on a white binding here, which felt weird for some reason but I like the finished look.


For the backing I found the rainbow leaves fabric and did some piecing.  I'm thinking the green solid was a bit bold, perhaps a white would have been better, but it's fun.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day....

Molly
linking this post to finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts

10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous quilt! I especially like the white binding, it keeps the focus on the colourful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright colors. Your quilt tickles my fancy! Thanks for sharing your quilt.
    Jane in KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love a good spectrum quilt. Great job on this finish! (That leaf fabric . . . . awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt makes me smile, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bright, cheerful churn dash. And the white binding was a great choice... as was the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This is so cheerful! I think the green was a good choice, and the white binding too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Good choice with the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent job on a rainbow quilt, the churn dash has been a fav for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. White binding always feels really weird to me too! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that backing. Great find!

    ReplyDelete