Wednesday, October 21, 2015

DIY Tray Table Ironing Board

Tray Table Ironing Board....

I made one too!



Many people around the internet have been making these handy little ironing boards out of tray tables and I thought I'd give it a whirl too.  This little table makes pressing seams while piecing easier and faster.  It will sit right next to my chair and I'll just turn, press, and keep sewing.  So excited to put it to good use.  Plus, I'm excited to put away my regular, squeaky, old ironing board because it takes up too much room anyway!

Supplies:
Thicker, home decorating fabric
Extra layers of batting
Insulated batting (insul bright)--bought off bolt, directions say there is no right or wrong side.

I also covered the top of my tray with some aluminum foil in an effort to protect the top from any steam.  I'm not overly concerned about this though.

I wrapped it all up and used the staple gun underneath.  The nice thing is that the tray will still fold down for easy storage.

Also, for what it's worth, I love my cordless iron!  :)

Have a great day!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment