Amy, who blogs at 13 spools, has invited others to share their 10 quilty little secrets. I don't have 10, but I thought it would be fun--especially since I just started blogging--to share some personal thoughts...
1. I don't have a quilt on my own bed! (the down comforter predates my hobby.)
2. I like designing my own quilts and just going for it. I'm surprised there is a big market for pre-made quilt patterns, but to each their own.
3. Learning the hard way is fine by me. I do things the way that make sense for me. I consult youtube when I meet obstacles.
4. Mini quilts aren't for me. I guess they make great wall art.
5. Blogging creeps me out a little bit. That I-know-you but I've-never-met-you thing just feels weird to me. (I'm not on facebook either.) But it's so fun to see what other people are doing! I'm very inspired by others.
edited#6. After what I took as a somewhat condescending comment from a reader (further cementing my #5 feelings) I decided I needed to reword my number six: When meeting new people, it feels a little odd disclosing to them that I am a quilter. I know only about two people in real life who even use a sewing machine. I don't think everyone knows how cool, fresh, and modern quilting can be.
7. So far, I think my mom is the only one following my blog! (Hi mom!)
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by...